WEEK FOUR Fourth class Fun Week 24.06.20 – 30.06.20
Week Three: Active School Week at Home. 15th – 19th June
A message from Ms. Dixon for 4th Class Active School Week at Home
A message from Ms. O’Connor and Ms. Duggan for 4th Class Active School Week at Home
Week TWO: Wellbeing Week. 8th – 12th June
week one: STEM ACTIVITIES. 3rd -5th June
Homework for Week starting May 4th –
Homework for Week starting 20th April –
DOWNLOAD HERE 4th class 20.4.2020
4 th class
Here are the contact details for Learning Support in 4 th class:
Special Educational Needs Teacher: TrionaWalsh@johnstowngns.ie
Special Educational Needs Teacher: SheilaMcKeever@johnstowngns.ie
Special Educational Needs Coordinator: LisaCorbett@johnstowngns.ie
LAST MONTHS HOMEWORK – MARCH
2. English additional:
LAST MONTHS HOMEWORK – 4th Class Mes. Duggan and Mes. O’Connor
- Continue with Exploring Spelling: Move onto the next Unit and complete the full Unit this week
- Read at Home: Continue reading a story per day. If someone has time to ask you a ‘who/what/when/why/how’ question on each story that would be great.
- When you have finished reading Kaspar novel, complete a book review based on Kaspar (find template attached)
- Make up 10 tricky Quiz questions based on Kaspar to ask your friends when you get back to school.
- Keep up our ‘New Words of the Week’. Make a list of any new words you come across and keep the list safe.
- Read George’s Marvellous Medicine recipe (find attached). Create your own recipe for a potion/medicine following the format of the recipe (step by step)
- Tarraing pictiúr den seomra suí (draw a picture of your sitting room and label it in Irish). Use template attached
- Foghlaim trí fhocal gach lá ón liosta (Learn 3 new words each day from the attached list).
- Léigh an scéal bunaithe ar chláir teilifíse (Read the attached story based on television programmes)
- Líon isteach an bhileog oibre bunaithe ar chláir teilifíse (Fill in the attached worksheet based on television programmes.
Continue with Mental Maths each day (you are now either on Week 26 or Week 27)
- Revise multiplication and division tables you are not sure of.
- Make a list of 2D and 3D shapes that you know. Go around your house and garden and see if you can find examples of each shape. Write them down beside your list.
- Help Mum or Dad write out their shopping list. Estimate the price of each item and write these estimates on a piece of paper. Add them together. After shopping, check the receipt and see how near your estimate was.
- Finish ‘Person from History I would like to meet’ project
- Finish Space project
- Listen to the Solar System song: https://youtu.be/F2prtmPEjOc
- Watch these videos from Chris Hadfield (an astronaut) about life in space
- Help Mum or Dad in the garden and write down any flowers, insects or birds that you recognise
- Construct a rocket using recycled materials found at home
- Construct a space buggy using recycled materials found at home
- 4th Class Room 7. C. Duggan and O. O’Connor Other suggestions:
- NOTE FOR PARENTS:
We do not expect the girls to complete everything above but we would like them to continue with their ‘Exploring Spelling’, ‘Mental Maths’ and ‘Read at Home’ at the very least. Do not worry if you don’t have access to a printer. The templates in this document can simply be copied down on paper