Class Level: First Class – work for the week
Teachers: Mr. A. Gleeson
Ms. E. Harpur
- Textbook: New Wave Mental Maths
Ms. E. Harpur: Week 25 & Week 26 (10 questions per day).
Mr. A. Gleeson: Week 26 & Week 27 (10 questions per day).
Textbook: Tables Book
Addition Tables: Revision of +1 up to +10
New: +11 and +12
- Textbook: Grammar 1 – Pupil Book
Ms. E. Harpur: Spelling 25 (ou) pg.50&51 & Spelling 26 (ow) pg.52&53
Mr. A. Gleeson: Spelling 26 (ow) pg.52&53 & Spelling 27 (oi) pg.54&55.
- Research & Create project(s) on topic(s) of interest; countries, animals, pastimes, historical topics of interest (only suggestions – all other ideas welcome!)
Be creative in the project presentation options available to the pupils.
Any other suggestions
- D.E.A.R. Time (Daily) – Drop Everything And Read – Reading for Pleasure.
Written Options: Free Writing (narrative), Procedural Writing (recipes, instructional writing),
Recount Writing (Daily Diary Entries), Report Writing (Factual Writing based on a topic of interest), Book Reviews.
Themes: Spring/Lent/Easter/An Chaisc/An t-Earrach
Wordsearches (based on the above mentioned themes), crosswords, dot-to-dot activities, sudoko, mazes.
Homemade Science Experiments
- Engage with STEM challenges
Creative tasks & activities; art & craft activities, baking, cooking, gardening.
Daily physical activities.
youtube – cbeebies bedtime stories
youtube – just dance
youtube – cosmickidsyoga
youtube – Dr Bionics