Hello to all the Johnstown girls and your families,
We are missing all of you and hope that you and all in your families are safe and well at this strange time when school is closed and we are all keeping social distance.
I hope that you are finding many wonderful ways to keep busy at home. Your teachers have put some work on our school website www.johnstowngns.com which in set out for each
class. However, this work is just a suggestion and does not have to be done. Education happens in many, many ways and you girls will return to us with so many new skills learned
at home during this time, so no pressure.
- Schools as well as some of our own each day.
- John Boyne’s story competition for primary schools
- Dublin Zoo’s animal challenge
- Sarah Webb’s writing workshops.
- Look at wildteaching for outdoor work like building nests
- Lego challenge, design and build a storage box to hold your pencils and markers.
- Read every day
- Make up a quiz covering all subjects and do it with family, some can even be on skype
- Learn to cook or bake something new
- Plant some seeds and watch them grow
- Write and illustrate a book, it could be a story or a book of jokes
- LAUGH a LOT
- SING a LOT
But it is very important to remember that you can be silly too and have LOTS of fun and enjoy this new life for as long as it lasts.
If you do interesting things at home tweet it and share it, take lots of photos, keep a Corona Diary as this will all make for great oral language discussions when we open school again.
Finally, remember very specially in a little prayer, Jackie’s family, and also Audrey, who is recovering at home. Don’t forget to admire the yellow tulips and think of your school family.
STAY SAFE, MIND EACH OTHER,
and be thankful for what we have.